Jianmin Wang, Ph.D., P.E.
(a) Professional Preparation
- Qingdao Institute of Archi. Engineering, China B.S. Environmental Engineering 1986
- Tongji University, China M.S. Environmental Engineering 1989
- University of Delaware Ph.D. Civil Engineering 1998
- Associate Professor, Missouri S&T; since Sep. 2009
- Assistant Professor, UMR/Missouri S&T; Aug. 2003 – Aug. 2009
- Assistant Professor, University of Alabama at Birmingham; Aug. 2001 – Aug. 2003
- Environmental Engineer, Roy F. Weston, Inc. (WESTON); Jan. 1998 – Jul. 2001
- Assistant Professor, Tongji University, China; Mar. 1989 – Jan. 1994
(i) Products most closely related to the proposed project:
- Liu, G., Wang, J. 2014. Role of Solids Retention Time on Complete Nitrification: Mechanistic Understanding and Modeling. J. Environ. Eng., 140(1), 48–56.
- Liu, G., Wang, J. 2013. Long-Term Low DO Enriches and Shifts Nitrifier Community in Activated Sludge. Environ. Sci. Technol. 47, 5109-5117.
- Liu, G., Wang, J. 2012. Probing the Stoichiometry of the Nitrification Process Using the Respirometric Approach. Water Research 46, 5954–5962.
- Liu, G., Canter, T., Wang, D., Wang, J., Fitch, M., Burken, J. 2012. Baffled Bioreactor for Municipal Wastewater Treatment. J. Environ. Eng. 138, 239-247.
- Hu, J., Wang, D., Forthaus, B.E., Wang, J. 2012. Quantifying the effect of nanoparticles on As(V) ecotoxicity exemplified by nano-Fe2O3 (magnetic) and nano-Al2O3. ET&C 31, 2870-2876.
(ii) Other significant publications:
- Dan, Y., Zimmerman, C., Liu, K., Shi, H., Wang, J. 2013. Increased Leaching of As, Se, Mo, and V from High Calcium Coal Ash Containing Trona Reaction Products. Energy and Fuels 27, 1531−1537.
- Hu, J., Wang, D., Wang, J.T., Wang, J. 2012. Toxicity of Lead on Ceriodaphnia dubia in the Presence of Nano-CeO2 and Nano-TiO2. Chemosphere 89, 536-541.
- Liu, G., Wang, J. 2012. Effects of Nano-CuO and Nano-MgO Particles on Activated Sludge. Water Environment Research 84, 569-576.
- Su, T., Wang, J. 2011. Modeling Batch Leaching Behavior of Arsenic and Selenium from Bituminous Coal Fly Ashes. Chemosphere 85, 1368-1374.
- Wang, D., Hu, J., Irons, D.R., Wang, J., 2011. Synergistic Toxic Effect of Nano-TiO2 and As(V) on Ceriodaphnia dubia. STOTEN 409, 1351-1356.
(d) Synergistic Activities
- Editorial Boards: (a) Sustainable Environment Research. Since 2013; (b) Chinese Journal of Environmental Engineering. Since 2014
- Advised undergraduate environmental engineering design teams in 2008 and 2009; received second place awards for both years in the Metcalf & Eddy Academic Design Competition.
- Establishment of cooperative agreements with Tongji University and Harbin Institute of Technology for student exchange and collaborative research, 2006.
- Participation of University of Missouri system New Faculty Teaching Scholar (NFTS) program, 2004 - 2005.
- Participation of a number of teaching training courses including ASCE’s Excellence in Civil Engineering Education (ExCEEd) Teaching Workshop and On-Course teaching trainings.
(e) Collaborators & Other Affiliations
- Collaborators and Co-Editors
Baolin Deng University of Missouri at Columbia
Burken, Joel Missouri S&T
Fitch, Mark Missouri S&T
Ladwig, Ken Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)
Shi, Honglan Missouri S&T
John Yang Lincoln University
- Graduate Advisors and Postdoctoral Sponsors
Gu, Guowei Tongji University, China
Huang, C.P. University of Delaware
Zhang, Chonghua Tongji University, China
- Thesis Advisor and Postgraduate-Scholar Sponsor
Guoqiang Liu Frontier Environmental Technology
Ji Hu Ocean University of China
Tingzhi Su Environ
Yulin Tang Tongji University
Tian Wang CDM
Harmanjit Mallhi H.R. Green Company
Lenin Kasthuri Bernardin, Lochmueller & Associates, Inc.
Xiaohong Guan Tongji University