FRANCISCA E. OBOH-IKUENOBE
(A) PROFESSIONAL PREPARATION
University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo Univ.), Nigeria, B.S. Geology 1983
University of Ife, Nigeria, M.S. Applied Geology 1987
University of Cambridge, England, Ph.D. Geology 1991
Missouri University of Science and Technology, Department of Geosciences and Geological and Petroleum Engineering, Professor, 2005-present; Program Head, 2005-present; Associate Chair, 2005-2006; Associate Professor, 1997-2005; Assistant Professor, 1991-1997
University of Cambridge, Department of Earth Sciences & New Hall College, Demonstrator/ Supervisor, 1988-1990
Obafemi Awolowo University, Assistant Lecturer, 1986-1987; Graduate Assistant, 1985-1986
Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria, Production Geologist, 1983-1984; Palynologist, 1983-1984
Five Products most closely related to the proposed project
- Lorente, F.L., Pessenda, L.C.R., Oboh-Ikuenobe, F., Buso, A.A., Cohen, M.C.L., Meyer, K.E.B., Giannini, P.C.F., de Oliveira, P.E., de Fátima Rossetti, D., Filho, M.A.B., França, M.C., de Castro, D.F., Bendassolli, J.A., and Macario, K., 2014. Palynofacies and stable C and N isotopes of Holocene sediments in Lake Macuco (Linhares, Espírito Santo, southeastern Brazil): depositional settings and palaeoenvironmental evolution. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, doi.org/10.1016/ j.palaeo.2013.12.004.
- Bowen, B.B., Story, S.L., Oboh-Ikuenobe, F.E., and Benison, K.C., 2013. Differences in regolith weathering history at an acid and neutral saline lake on the Archean Yilgarn Craton and implications for acid brine evolution. Chemical Geology 256, 126-140.
- Sanchez Botero, C.A., Oboh-Ikuenobe, F.E., and Macphail, M., 2013. First fossil pollen record of the Northern Hemisphere species Aglaoreidia cyclops Erdtman, 1960 in Australia. Alcheringa 37, 1-5.
- Zobaa, M.K., Zavada, M.S., Whitelaw, M.J., Shunk, A.J. and Oboh-Ikuenobe, F.E., 2011. Palynology and palynofacies analyses of the Gray Fossil Site, Eastern Tennessee: their role in understanding the basin-fill history. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology 308, 433-444.
- Benison, K.C., Bowen, B.B., Oboh-Ikuenobe, F.E., Jagniecki, E., LaClair, D.A., Story, S.L., Mormile, M.R., and Hong, B., 2007. The sedimentology of acid saline lakes in southern Western Australia: Newly described processes and products of an extreme environment. Journal of Sedimentary Research 77, 366-388.
Five other significant products
- Oboh-Ikuenobe, F.E., Spencer, M.K., Campbell, C.E., and Haselwander, R.D., 2012. A portrait of Late Maastrichtian and Paleocene palynoflora and paleoenvironment in the northern Mississippi Embayment, southeastern Missouri. Palynology 36 (supplement 1), 63-79.
- Zobaa, M.K., Oboh-Ikuenobe, F.E., and Ibrahim, M.I., 2011. The Cenomanian/Turonian oceanic anoxic event in the Razzak Field, north Western Desert, Egypt: source rock potential and paleoenvironmental association. Marine and Petroleum Geology 28, 1475-1478.
- Bowen, B.B., Benison, K.C., Oboh-Ikuenobe, F.E., Story, S., and Mormile, M., 2008. Active hematite concretion formation in modern acid saline lake sediments, Lake Brown, Western Australia. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 268, 52-63.
- Oboh-Ikuenobe, F.E., Holbrook, J.M., Scott, R.W., Akins, S.L., Evetts, M.J., Benson, D.G. and Pratt, L.M., 2008. Anatomy of epicontinental flooding: Late Albian-Early Cenomanian of the southern U.S. Western Interior. In: Pratt, B.R., and Holmden, C. (eds.), Dynamics of Epeiric Seas: Sedimentological, Paleontological and Geochemical Perspective, Geological Association of Canada, Special Paper 48, 201-227.
- Campbell, C.E., Oboh-Ikuenobe, F.E., and Eifert, T.L., 2008. Megatsunami deposit in Cretaceous-Paleogene boundary interval of southeast Missouri. In: Evans, K., Horton, J.W. Jr., King, D.T. Jr., and Morrow, J.R. (eds.), The Sedimentary Record of Meteorite Impacts, Geological Society of America Special Paper 437, 189-198, doi: 10.1130/2008.2437(11).
(D) SYNERGISTIC ACTIVITIES
- Member, International Geoscience Programme (IGCP) Scientific Board (Global Change Group), UNESCO/International Union of Geological Sciences, 2013-present.
- Professional activities include: a) Co-Chair, Geological Society of America Diversity Committee, 2013-2015; b) President Elect, President and Past President, AASP – The Palynological Society, 2010-2013; c) Editorial Board Member of the journal Palynology, 1995-2009; d) convener, AASP 38th Annual Meeting in St. Louis, MO, 2005.
- K-12 mentoring and outreach activities include: a) Paleontology workshop for the “Expanding Your Horizons” Program at Missouri S&T for 7th and 8th grade girls since 2000, and b) Presentations and workshops for grade school students in my laboratory and at various regional schools, ~6 per year.
- Service on several NSF panels, site visits and Committee of Visitors for Surface Earth Processes, and peer reviewer for many journals and funding agencies.
- Recent honors and awards include: a) Fulbright Specialist Roster Candidate, 2010-2015; b) Missouri S&T Outstanding Students Leaders’ Outstanding Student Advocate Award, 2011.
(E) COLLABORATORS & OTHER AFFILIATIONS
Collaborators and Co-Editors: M. Abdelsalam (Oklahoma State Univ.), E. Atekwana (Oklahoma State Univ.), K. Benison (West Virginia Univ.), B. Beitler Bowen (Univ. of Utah), C. Campbell (St. Louis Community College – Meramec), R. Giesler (St. Louis Science Center), M. Ibrahim (Alexandria Univ., Egypt), C. Jaramillo (Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute, Panama), J. Holbrook (Texas Christian Univ.), M. Macphail (Australia National Univ., Canberra), M. Mormile (Missouri S&T), J. D. Rogers (Missouri S&T), R. Scott (Tulsa Univ.)
Graduate Advisors and Post Doctoral Sponsors:
Ph.D. Advisor: J. L. Chapman (University of Cambridge, England)
M.S. Advisor: M.B. Salami (Obafemi Awolowo University, Nigeria)
Thesis Advisor and Postgraduate-Scholar Sponsor:
Ph.D.: T. Eifert (Washburn University), R. Haselwander (Missouri S&T), W. Kamal (Missouri S&T), C. Sanchez Botero (EcoPetrol, Colombia), B. Smotherman, (Missouri S&T), M. Zobaa (Benha University, Egypt).
MS: A. Barron (Missouri S&T), B. Hou (Missouri S&T), L. Grabel (Al-Zawia University, Libya), J. Raymer (Blue River Community College, Kansas City, MO), G. Rodriguez Forero (EcoPetrol, Colombia), S. Story (ExxonMobil).
Total number of graduate students advised: 20; post-doctoral advisees: 1