A. Professional Preparation
Iowa State University, Ames, IA Chemistry Visiting Prof. 1999
Iowa State University, Ames, IA Biochemistry Minor Ph.D., 1990
Iowa State University, Ames, IA Chemistry Ph.D., 1990
Zhengzhou University, China Chemistry B.S., 1981
12/07 – Present Curators’ Teaching Professor, Missouri University of Science and Technology (formerly University of Missouri-Rolla)
09/05 – 12/07 Professor, Chemistry, University of Missouri – Rolla
07/00 – 08/05 Associate Professor, Chemistry, University of Missouri – Rolla
07/95 – 06/01 Associate Professor, Division of Science, Truman State University
01/91 – 06/95 Assistant Professor, Division of Science, Truman State University
07/86 – 12/90 Research and Teaching Assistant, Iowa State University
01/82 – 06/86 Lecturer, Zhengzhou University, China
C. PRODUCTS (Total of 115 peer-reviewed publications):
Five closely related products to proposed research
- Ruipu Mu, Honglan Shi, Yuan Yuan, Adcharee Karnjanapiboonwong, Joel G. Burken, Yinfa Ma, “A fast separation and quantification method for nitroguanidine and 2,4-dinitroanisole by ultra-fast liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry”, Anal. Chem. 2012, 84 (7): 3427–3432.
- Chuan Wang, Honglan Shi, Craig D. Adams, Sanjeewa Gamagedara, Isaac Stayton, Terry Timmons, Yinfa Ma, “Occurrence study of pharmaceutical and personal care products in Missouri natural and drinking water using LC-MS/MS”, Water Research, 2010, 45:1818-1828.
- Honglan Shi, Xiaoliang Cheng, Qihua Wu, Ruipu Mu, Yinfa Ma, “Assessment and Removal of Emerging Water Contaminants - A Mini-Review”, Environmental & Analytical Toxicology, 2013, S2:1-14. doi:10.4172/2161-0525.S2-003
- Chuan Wang, Honglan Shi, Craig D. Adams, Terry Timmons, Yinfa Ma, “Investigation of removal of N-nitrosamines and their precursors in water treatments using activated carbon nanoparticles and liquid chromatography – tandem mass spectrometry”, International Journal of Environment and Waste Management, 2013, 16:34-48.
- Qihua Wu, Honglan Shi, Craig D. Adams, Terry Timmons, Yinfa Ma, “Oxidative removal and identification of degradation products of selected endocrine-disruptor, pharmaceutical, and personal care products in drinking water treatment systems”, Science of the Total Environment, 2012, 439: 18–25.
Five other significant Products
- Casey Burton, Sanjeewa Gamagedara, and Yinfa Ma, “Partial enzymatic elimination and quantification of sarcosine from alanine using liquid chromatography–tandem mass spectrometry”, Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 2013, 405:3153-3158.
- Qihua Wu, Jeong Tae Ok, Yongpeng Sun, S.T. Retterer, Keith B. Neeves, Xiaolong Yin, Baojun Bai, Yinfa Ma, “Optic imaging of single and two-phase pressure-driven flows in nano-scale channels”, Lab on a Chip, 2013, 13, 1165–1171.
- Xiaoqian Liu, Philip Whitefield, and Yinfa Ma, “Separation and Quantification of F2-isoprostane Isomers in Cultured Human Lung Epithelial Cells after Silica Oxide and Metal Oxide Nanoparticle Treatment by Liquid Chromatography/Tandem Mass Spectrometry”, Talanta, 2010, 81:1599-1606.
- Xiaoqian Liu, Philip Whitefield, and Yinfa Ma, “Determination of F2-Isoprostanes in Cultured Human Lung Epithelial Cells after Exposure to Metal Oxide and Silica Nanoparticles by LC/MS Method”, Toxicological and Environmental Chemistry, 2010, 92(5): 1005-1016.
- Hongwei Gai, Qi Wang, Yinfa Ma, Bingcheng Lin, “Correlations between molecular numbers and molecular masses in an evanescent field and their applications in probing molecular interactions”, Angewandte Chemie, 2005, 44, 5107-5110.
D. Synergistic Activities (partial):
- Associate editor, Global Journal of Analytical Chemistry, 2009-present
- Editorial Board, International Journal of Biomedical Engineering, 2013-present
- Editorial Board, International Journal of Cancer Research and Diagnosis (IJCRD), 2013-present
- Chairman, Southern-Central Missouri section of American Chemical Society, 2003
- Guest Editor of Electrophoresis (Symposium volumes), 1998-1999; 2002-2003
- Co-Chairman of second and Fourth Asian-Pacific International Symposium on Capillary Electrophoresis and Related Microscale Techniques (APCE) International Symposium (Oct. 8-11, 1998, Dalian, China; Oct. 10-14, 2002, Shanghai, China)
E. Honors and Awards (partial)
- President’s Award for Mentoring, University of Missouri System, April 19, 2014
- “J. Calvin Giddings Award for Excellence in Education”, American Chemical Society, August 17, 2008
- “Governor’s Award for Education", April 9, 2008
- John W. Claypool Award for Medical Research, March 12, 2008
- Outstanding Teaching Award, University of Missouri-Rolla, December 11, 2006
- Outstanding Scientist Achievement Award by Missouri Academy of Science, April 17, 1998.
- Missouri Professor of the Year by Carnegie Foundation, October 9, 1996.
- “Governor’s Award for Education", December 12, 1996.
- “Educator of the year” award in 1996 in Truman State University, April 9, 1996.
F. Current collaborators and Other Affiliations:
Collaborators and Co-editors: Craig Adams (Utah State University), Keith Neeves (Colorado School of Mines), Basil J. Nikolau (Iowa State University), Richard Brow (MST), Baojun Bai (MST), Joel Burken (MST), Honglan Shi (MST), David McCurdy (Truman State University), Hai Xiao (Missouri S&T); Xiaolong Yin (Colorado School of Mines), Jianmin Wang (Missouri S&T); Jeffrey Winiarz (Missouri S&T); Fong Yau (Sam) Li (Singapore), Samuel Ma (Southern Illinois University)
Ph.D. and Postdoc Advisors
Edward S. Yeung, Iowa State University
Thesis Advisor and Postgraduate-Scholar Sponsor:
Completed (Total of 5 MS and 11 PhD): Rulin Zhang (M.S., 1994); Ping Che (M.S., 1995); Yongqin Ma (M.S., 1999), Junnan Chen (M.S., 2003); Guanshu Liu (M.S., 2003); Tongwen Wang (Ph.D., 2007); Weisheng Lin (Ph.D., 2007); Evelyn Chamberlain (Ph.D., 2008); Xiaoqian Liu (Ph.D., 2009); Isaac Stayton (Ph.D., 2009); Stephen Gibbons (Ph.D., 2010); Xiaoliang Cheng (Ph.D., 2010); Yongqing Jiang (Ph.D., 2010); Chuan Wang (Ph.D., 2011); Sanjeewa Gamagedara (Ph.D., 2012), Qihua Wu (2014)
Current (5 PhD): Danielle West, Sisi Chen, Qingbo Yang, Ruipu Mu, Casey Burton
Total Postdoctoral Fellows sponsored (8): Zhengke Wu, Yanru Chen, Ming Du, Heng Liang, Xiaoliang Cheng, Xiaoqian Liu, Isaac Stayton, Jie Xu