Seed Grant Request for Proposals
Proposals are due: Nov. 25, 2015
The Environmental Research Center (ERC) is soliciting proposals from the campus community for research related to the core mission of the ERC. We foresee funding up to 3 proposals for a total of $20,000. There are several objectives of this seed grant:
- to generate preliminary results to support high $ proposals for external funds.
- to engage early-career faculty across the campus in collaborative research with ERC investigators.
Proposals must meet the following criteria:
- The principle investigator (PI) must be an early career researcher (pre-tenure).
- Any (pre-tenure) tenure-track faculty member on campus can apply as PI.
- The co-principle investigator must be a current ERC investigator. In other words, the PI must collaborate with an ERC investigator.
- Proposal may include appropriate use of ERC resources; active, efficient use of ERC instrumentation and other resources is considered an advantage.
- Proposed research must align with the mission and capabilities of the ERC (http://erc.mst.edu/about/).
- Identify future external funding source, approximate budget and submission window.
- Maximum 5 pages, 12 point font, single spaced, 1” margins, including references and brief budget justification.
- Review of proposals will be undertaken by a panel of senior investigators; senior investigators will not review their own proposals. Reviews anticipated to be completed before Dec. 20, 2014.
- The ERC will match a future proposal based on seed-grant supported research up to $10K. The size of the match will depend on the requested amount.
- Grant-writing contractors will be available to help improve the future proposal through the office of sponsored programs.
- Contact Glenn Morrison (email@example.com) or Joel Burken (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
SUBMISSION: please send proposals to Denise Ray (email@example.com)